Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Birthday Weekend

Just updating after my fabulous birthday weekend. Turning 23 doesn't really feel much different other than telling people that I am now 23... it is just a little strange. It makes me feel about 10 times older than 22 felt!
But onto the details... Saturday one of my lovely wives, Nikki, and I went to the wine festival held around Apple Blossom time. I actually had no idea that this existed before my mom told me about a week or so ago. We had a great time and tried a lot of different wines. I ended up buying one bottle that was $9 from a Williamsburg winery. A Riesling, of course! We also tried a great Rose Moscato from Spain, but it was just a little too expensive for me ($20...). After we left there, we had family over at my house, as usual, with a great dinner mom made and gifts. I got lots of Mizzou gear that mom got out on our trip including a huge, super soft blanket, a new pillow, a scentsy with a few different scents, a cute tiger plush with Mizzou bandana, a jersey for Beamer boy to wear, a pawprint magnet to put on the car, and something that came today, which is a Mizzou car fin to put on and a wine glass! I also got two different bottles of wine and another wine glass from my grandmother.

After everything was over, we also had a lovely bonfire in the backyard, complete with roasting marshmallows. A wonderful way to end the night.

On Sunday, I went to Dad's house who lives about an hour away. We had plans to go to a winery that day and I could bring Beamer, but it was raining about the time I had to leave. We did have a backup plan, though. We went down to the mall and into the Apple store to buy a new laptop for vet school. I definitely need my Dad with me for purchases like this since he knows what I need. Unfortunately, the store did not have the laptop I wanted with all the additional features that my Dad said I needed (More memory and something else I'm not really sure what it is... but makes my computer faster). So, on we went through the rest of the mall just to look around. Not finding too much else (besides two cook books that Aimee bought for me!) we went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's, a first for me. We had some fantastic chicken lettuce wraps and some plum wine (another first, not sure if I'd get it again). I got pad thai, not exactly the best by far, but decent. Dad got something with beef and Aimee got some really good shrimp with walnuts that I really liked. After that, I just went back to Dad's house and he gave me my gift, which was a new backpack! It is gold and black and will be perfect for vet school. I have been desperately needing a new one since my old backpack is from middle school.
Finally, Dad helped me order my new laptop and it should be here sometime next week, I can't wait! I'm also a little sad since there goes $1600 I had been saving up... my biggest purchase to date (right behind Beamer boy). But I am pumped for a new laptop and I'll have some time before school starts to get everything in order that I need.

That just about wraps up this weekend, next weekend is Apple Blossom with fireworks and a parade! Plus lots of really great (and unhealthy) food! Finishing up with a picture of my first wife and I from the wine festival. The only thing that could have made this weekend better would be to see my other two wives that I miss dearly. Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment