Friday, April 19, 2013

It's been a busy few weeks. I've been working nearly every day, which is great because I desperately need the money but I'd also like to have a few days off now and then. Two weeks ago, I went and got my newest tattoo. It is representing my journey as a Hokie and future Missouri Tiger. I am IN LOVE with this tattoo... I will need to get it touched up in a month or two, but otherwise, they turned out beautiful! (Please excuse my poor looking toes...)
Anyway, today is finally the day my Mom and I are heading out to Missouri. The open house is tomorrow and I'll finally be able to meet one of my roommates and we will also be signing our lease for our duplex and seeing the place. I am SO excited to go back and actually see Columbia. I didn't get to see any of it when I was there for my interview. And, I'm excited to experience it with my mom and not alone this time. I'll also be meeting some future classmates and learning even more about where I'll be attending the next four years. It is still surreal that all of this is happening.

In other news, I found out that I am 23 on VMRCVM's waitlist this year. That is actually better than I was expecting (somewhere around 30)... so that is good. But still, even if by some chance I do get called off the waitlist, I won't be going. I still just don't feel right about them as I do about Missouri. Of course, I'd still have to think about it!

I'll be back on Sunday or Monday with another update on how things went in Missouri. Our plane leaves at 1:40pm today and then we won't get back in until around 5pm on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Just started reading your blog (found you on SDN)- I'm excited to hear about your journey! I have a good friend who is a junior at Mizzou and loves it. My first choice is VMRCVM and my second is Mizzou! Will be great to hear everything from your perspective on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I hope you find it helpful since my blog has been VERY helpful to me in the aspect of writing everything down. My first choice used to be VMRCVM until I had my interview at Mizzou (which I applied to on a whim) and fell in love with it. Glad to hear your friend loves it! Let me know if you have any questions about applying or anything, I'd be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete