Friday, March 22, 2013

Wow, where has the time gone? Beamer's second birthday is on Wednesday, March 27th. Just two short years ago, I remember that I was studying for a Nutrition exam and getting that email that my boy was born in a litter of 5 boys and 4 girls. Now, he has grown into a handsome young man and I could not have asked for a better boy. Yvonne, his breeder, picked out the perfect pup for me!

In other news, it sounds like we have finally secured a place to live! It's a 4 bedroom duplex with a 1 car garage and fenced in backyard. The company we are renting from has other vet students living in some of their places and I hear they are great to work with (and so far, I get that impression, too). I also have two awesome roomies for the fall and I can't wait to meet one of them at the open house next month. We are going to be signing our lease when we go out for it, too. The other one I won't meet until the summer, but both of them are awesome. Beamer will be having a rat terrier and kitty living with him for now and maybe more if my other roomie decides to bring something home. They also don't have a pet weight limit or number of pets limit, which is also amazing!! I'd love to welcome another golden into my life at some point.
We are going to be making one of the rooms an office and guest room so people visiting have somewhere to sleep besides a couch in the living room. So, I am pumped for this place!! We sent in our applications and deposits yesterday and when I called, she told me it was ours!
There are a few parks within walking distance and a few lakes, too, which will be great for Beamer since he loves the water. There is also a jimmy johns within walking distance, too!! Our place is about a 10 minute drive from the school but is also a little bit away from the city of Columbia. It's perfect!

Now, there is just a little less than a month until the open house, and I'm excited. I can't wait to get out there and actually get a chance to see Columbia. I also get to meet many of my future classmates for the class of 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment